How to Update Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
The Android users must be aware of with rooting and Custom ROMs installation so that they can extend and improve the functionality of their device. CyanogenMod is a customized aftermarket firmware that allows the Android users to increase and improve the performance over Android based ROMs for vendors including T-Mobile, Google, HTC and Others. Furthermore CyanogenMod also offers the functionalities that you can’t find in these Android versions. CyanogenMod has released the CM 10.1 the is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. This Article is about the installation method for the same on Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D.
What will you get by Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 ROM Features & Details
Indeed you would be thinking of that what will you get on the installation of CM 10.1? so for your reference here I am providing the key features.
- Full GPU acceleration
- RIL (calls/sms/mobile data)
- Touch keys
- Mounting of internal/external storage
- Keypad lights
- Brightness control
- Deep sleep
- Sensors (all)
- Data usage, limiter
- HW v-sync, triple framebuffer (Project Butter)
- Bluetooth & Bluetooth tethering?
- USB & USB tethering
You should be aware of all the risks that may occur during installation process. Though this is an easy to follow process but user should be tactful and alert at every stage of installation process as any negligence on your part may lead you to unfavorable outcomes and AppsTeller doesn’t want this at all that its followers suffer for any reason.
You are advised to take a backup of all your data to access it again in case of any mishap.
Make it possible that your device is charged up to 70-80 percent, if charging is below this level you may be caught by a great trouble.
You are required to have installed the required drivers to your PC to move forward.
USB debugging mode should be enable.
This installation process is only for Samsung Galaxy S 2 I1900G and is not applicable to any of the variant of Galaxy S2 S6500D.
- You need to have Android 4.2.2 based CM 10.1 custom firmware to be update on Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D. Download
- Download the pack of Google Apps.
- After successful download, you have to transfer the Zip files to Internal SD of Galaxy Mini s S6500D.
- After this move, start the device in recovery mode.
- In Recovery Mod, get the option that indicates the Flash Zip from SD Card. Tap on it followed by the selection of Choose Zip from SD Card.
- You have to locate the Zip file here.
- In next step, you have to confirm your selection.
- Installation will be completed within a few minutes with automatically guidelines, so be patient and wait for the completion of the installation.
- After the completion, install the Google Apps, you can install the Google Apps in same way as you install the firmware few minutes ago.
- After completing the installation of both, reboot your device by going back and tapping on the Reboot System Now option.
- Hurrah! You have your desired official firmware on your Galaxy Mini 2S6500D.
For more upadates and reviews, visit AppsTeller at regular interval.